The never-complete list of what keeps my attention, shapes my worldview, and gets me thinking.
News & CULTURal Commentary
- The Atlantic | A fantastic source of cultural insight.
- The New Yorker | The best writing around. News, non-fiction, and politics sections.
- NextDraft | Aggregate newsletter of all the things you need to know, put together by Dave Pell.
- PopCultureBrain | Pop culture, pure and simple.
- /r/InDepthStories | Long form (often investigative) journalism from all over the internet.
Art & Design
- FastCo Design | Fast Company is a must-read, their coverage of design in technology and innovation is always great.
- Awwwards | Awards a new site daily for excellence in web design
- Lovely Package | Package design eye-candy.
- The Dieline | Beautiful package design with a focus on CPGs.
- This Isn't Happiness | One of the best curated art blogs on the web, period.
- POSE | My favorite artist of the moment who does street/gallery work. Roy Lichtenstein meets remix culture.
- Uncrate | Gadgets, clothing and anything else that makes you go "I want that."
TECHnology, Startups & Emerging Trends
- DaringFireball | Tech news curated by Jon Gruber, always spot-on analysis covering all things tech with a focus on Apple.
- The Verge | Accessible gadget, tech and startup news with an informed point of view.
- Emergent Futures | Futurism and emerging trends from Sandy Higgins and Paul Teagle.
- Vice Motherboard | Smart takes on niches in tech culture, as Vice is known for.
- Alex Bogusky, @bogusky | Best known for his work at CP+B, his recent efforts are mostly in the realms of technology and innovation
- Ross Sheingold, @RossSheingold | Chief Innovation officer at 247LS
- Michael Pastko | Entrepreneur, UX designer and a close friend of mine!
- Benedict Evans | VC in technology companies, really thorough and thoughtful posts.
Advertising & Branding
- Strategy Online | Covering strategy in marketing and advertising. Based out of Canada.
- AdAge | Required reading for industry news, and the who's who of good advertising.
- AdWeek | Same as above!
- PFSK | A massive database of innovation reports on advertising design, retail, tech & more.
- Creative Review | Covering changes in the creative landscape since 1980.
- Tom Goodwin, @tomfgoodwin | 'Advertising provocateur' with great insight and a strong track record
- Harsha Ganga, @gHarsha | Advertising Professor at my alma matter. Covers tech, communications and business.
- Ed Zitron, @edzitron | PR expert, hilarious perspectives on internet culture.
Politics & American Culture
- @crushingbort | Razor sharp wit. Humor, politics and cultural commentary.
- @Bro_Pair | Writer for Rolling Stone, VICE, Daily Beast.
- Felix Biederman, @byyourlogic | Deeply informed but hilarious. Co-host of podcast Chapo Trap House.
Media, Humor, & Misc
- Splitsider | Inside Jokes: Comedy news and reviews.
- Carrie Brownstein | Where to start... Brilliant artist in so many ways, music, humor and writing.
- Jeb Lund, @Mobute | Columnist for Guardian, Rolling Stone, and Vice.
- Cryptic Celluloid | Well informed film reviews from my good friend Nello. Covers the niche to the mainstream.